O2 Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 Sensor

I have to replace my front O2 sensor. Where is it located?

Re: O2 Sensor

There are two and they are difficult to take out and more difficult to install.
    You might want to have it done.

Comment

What makes them so difficult to remove and install? My front O2 is the one that is bad.

Comment

No, they are not that hard to replace. You can do it within a matter of an hour (or less if you know what you're doing). There are three O2 sensors in 98-up (i think, that could be totally wrong). One on each exhaust manifold and one post-cat sensor. The driver's side sensor is Bank 1 Sensor 1.

To replace it is simple. I would recommend going to your local parts store and borrowing an O2 socket as it is a special socket. After you get that, jack the car up and go from underneath the car, that's how I did mine and it was pretty easy. Just use the O2 socket and it will come out easy. Replace it and tighten with the socket. Jack your car down and drive it for ~50mi to get rid of any codes.

Next time, search before starting a new thread. Please.

Comment

well what makes them difficult even with the special o2 tool (even the one that is bent) the are a b**** to remove becuase of it close prox. to everything its hard to get a good bite on any tool you use and even if you do its hard b/c you can get a good turn on the what ever your using...the only way i got mine out when i installed my headers is took it down with the exhaust manifold down and the removed it but thats sorta unpractical every time lol...although i have never heard of a socket just the wrench version...do they really make a socket version??

Comment

yeah, it's an actual socket. just go to autozone and ask to rent/borrow their O2 sensor socket. it's a red box, and they'll charge you $25 or something, but when you take it back, they'll refund your money. super easy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X