New tire size speedometer correction w/ HP tuners - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tire size speedometer correction w/ HP tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tire size speedometer correction w/ HP tuners

I believe I'm suppose to take the height of my installed tires which is 275/40R17 and divide that by my gear ratio. I looked up the height in inches on some other forum of the tire size and divided that by my gears.. 3.08 and got something like 8.33 I think the stock tire sizing was 8.22 But.. Do I just enter that into the New tire/gear box and hit commit? Is it that easy?

TEAM C6V6

Re: New tire size speedometer correction w/ HP tuners

Yes it is, if auto it will do all your shift points for you too. So you just have to enter the # you got, mines 6.89 with 3.73's and 275/40/17's.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

HPTuners also has a calculator that will figure out your tire height in inches, so you don't have to check other forums. It's called the Conversion Table or something similar.
      '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
      '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
      '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Yes it is, if auto it will do all your shift points for you too. So you just have to enter the # you got, mines 6.89 with 3.73's and 275/40/17's.
        Good, I think I got it right. I'll find out next time I get pulled over.

Originally posted by Mr. Logger View Post
        HPTuners also has a calculator that will figure out your tire height in inches, so you don't have to check other forums. It's called the Conversion Table or something similar.
        That would have been nice to know earlier. And don't worry, I may visit other forums from time to time but camaro/firebirdv6 will always be number 1 in my heart.

But really though, thank you. I didn't know it was in there, i'll go check it out right now.

Edit: I found it. Thank you again, that thing is awesome.
        Last edited by Blizzard242; 05-23-2009, 04:30 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X