Help a/f rat gauge with wb 02 sensor hook up. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help a/f rat gauge with wb 02 sensor hook up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a/f rat gauge with wb 02 sensor hook up.

I got a 3 pack of gauges from glowshift and the air fuel was the only one without a sensor included. I after reading up i realized i needed a wideband and i talked to a guy from local racing shop and he told me to buy an aftermarket wideband sensor, so i bought a bosch wideband 5 wire o2 sensor. How do i hook it up to my gauge? I have the bung already from my pacesetter headers. Do i need to tap into the other sensors or what? Does it need power from the battery? Thanks in advance

Re: Help a/f rat gauge with wb 02 sensor hook up.

You need a wideband controller , it just doesn't hook up to the gauge, if you gauge was a narrow band gauge you need a controller or a actual wideband gauge to read the wideband sensor. The wideband sensor is its own setup, the controller would be grounded and the a 12 volt ign. switch when the car is on , the wire from the wideband would connect to the controller. Do you have a link to the gauge you got?
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-09-2009, 06:13 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bosch...QQcmdZViewItem

Is the sensor i have

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/black...tio-gauge.aspx

The gauge i have
      Last edited by fredbmxer4life; 05-09-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Well just read up on it and it says narrowband gauge... bah. Before i purchased i got the whole set and i was only interested in water and fuel pressure needed to add a third for package, didnt know anything about wideband and narrow... guess im up for a ricer light up show

/shrug

Comment

Originally posted by fredbmxer4life View Post
          Well just read up on it and it says narrowband gauge... bah. Before i purchased i got the whole set and i was only interested in water and fuel pressure needed to add a third for package, didnt know anything about wideband and narrow... guess im up for a ricer light up show

/shrug
          Ah don't do that. Just get a new gauge and controller since you already have the wideband sensor. Save up for it if you need to. Just don't install that narrowband. Sell the gauge on ebay.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Can you buy just the gauge and controller? Only thing i see on ebay is kits. I will ask the person i bought it from if he will return it and just buy a whole kit.

Comment

While on subject of sensors, i rebuilt my upper motor due to infamous blown lower intake gasket in january and a few weeks later pcm threw code P0154 (bank 2 sensor 1, believe is passenger upper). Replaced sensor (thinking i did it cause i used impact on exhaust cause i didnt have help to hold the other side of the header y-pipe bolt), and maybe i messed up sensor. Unplugged battery to reset sensor and went down road 40 miles kicked back in. cleared code kicked back in about same milage. Dont think its fuel pressure cause gauge says the same since before i rebuilt motor, only things code says is fuel rich or lean, pressure high or low, and engine misfire on the code read out.

Comment

If you have the money HP tuners would be a good option. The scan tool in that is very nice. That's only half of the program though.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

So what will hptuners do, Help me to better diagnose the sensor check engine light problem? I have never really looked into pcm stuff

Comment

hptuners.com Check it out, it's really nice.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X