hp tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp tuners

ok im finally ready to make the plunge into the world of HP tuning. just a rookie questions. im looking to do a cam install nothing completely crazy. would i need to buy the VCM suite for $500 or the VCM scanner for $350. i have no idea what the diff is. any help for this rookie is appreciated

Re: hp tuners

the scanner is just that...a scanner...you can record information with it and view your engine codes....you cant make any changes...the suite is what you need. I believe the suite comes with the scanner as well...Its all on the disk that goes on your laptop.

if your doing a cam you are going to want to tune with a wideband though...I would reccommend getting the pro version as it is a direct hook up with the wideband...otherwise you can try going through the egr or something...you'll have to search how to do it...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

You need the suite to tune with. The pro version also allows you to scan with out the laptop in the car as well as having a hook up for the wide band O2.
      sigpic

Comment

haha im on the same page romm! so no worrys! so if i were to try and tune for a cam with all the supporting mods i would need vcm suite AND a wideband? if so which wideband? there are soo many out there, are there any that would work better with our cars?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X