Fun with HPtuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with HPtuning

Alright, I have a few questions. After doing some MAF tuning and slight IFR adjustments, how freakin long should it take before my fuel trims chill out?

Question 2. Why in the hell are my fuel trims locking out at 0 under WOT runs. I know there's no damn way I've tuned this thing that accurately. They're all over the place otherwise.

Question 3. How do you guys do MAF tuning? I've got my histogram setup for AFR error % on MAF airflow vs output frequency. I think I'm doing something wrong as far as it comes to the scanning process.

Can I click the Closed loop off in the scanner and do a run from there to keep it in open loop?

After changing the MAF table I need to reset fuel trims every time right? Even though I am running in open loop via the scanner tool.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Fun with HPtuning

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
    Alright, I have a few questions. After doing some MAF tuning and slight IFR adjustments, how freakin long should it take before my fuel trims chill out?

Question 2. Why in the hell are my fuel trims locking out at 0 under WOT runs. I know there's no damn way I've tuned this thing that accurately. They're all over the place otherwise.

Question 3. How do you guys do MAF tuning? I've got my histogram setup for AFR error % on MAF airflow vs output frequency. I think I'm doing something wrong as far as it comes to the scanning process.

Can I click the Closed loop off in the scanner and do a run from there to keep it in open loop?

After changing the MAF table I need to reset fuel trims every time right? Even though I am running in open loop via the scanner tool.

2) I believe you want your fuel trims to lock at 0 at WOT.

3) Follow this. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=maf+tuning

4) it's best to keep it in open loop without using the scanner to force it...easiest way is to go to your open/close loop table, and set the temp to something the car will not reach in order to put it into closed loop...I set mine to 120C

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Re: Fun with HPtuning

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      2) I believe you want your fuel trims to lock at 0 at WOT.

3) Follow this. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=maf+tuning

4) it's best to keep it in open loop without using the scanner to force it...easiest way is to go to your open/close loop table, and set the temp to something the car will not reach in order to put it into closed loop...I set mine to 120C
      2. Yeah, I know you want fuel trims to lock at 0 but.. I just cannot believe I tuned it correctly in 30 minutes for it to do that.

3. Yup, that's where I learned.

4. I'll do it that way tomorrow and see what I get.

As of right now, a lot of KR came out of no where after doing these MAF tunings.. damn wideband isn't showing anything leaner than what I've been running so I'm a little confused as to why it's just showing up out of no where now. I've been pulling timing out of my high and low octane tables which seems to help but it's not all gone. Maybe it's false.. I think some of my pipes maybe rubbing/bumping.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X