99 engine... 96 Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 engine... 96 Car

I'm getting ready to drop an engine in my 96 Camaro m5... the engine came out of a 99 firebird a4. My question is will I have problems with the PCM compatibility? I have a few mods that I plan to do to the engine before I drop it in, and was planning on getting a mail order tune, or depending on how long it takes before I get it in the car, and what my money situation is then, maybe just purchasing hptuners. Will I need to locate a 97 PCM?

thanks
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Re: 99 engine... 96 Car

Yes, you will need HPT and a 97 PCM to tune it. You will also need to use the intake, throttle body and PCM from the 96 on the 99 motor to get it running in your car.
    sigpic

Comment

if he is using his intake tb then why would he need a different pcm? would the coils have anything to do?
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

He doesn't need a different PCM until he want to tune it. You can't tune a 96 PCM but you can tune a 97 and it will interchange with the 96.
        sigpic

Comment

oh. i see, thanks!
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
            Yes, you will need HPT and a 97 PCM to tune it. You will also need to use the intake, throttle body and PCM from the 96 on the 99 motor to get it running in your car.
            That's what I figured... thanks for the info
            Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X