ses light blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ses light blinking

What's up everyone??? Well my ses light is on for starters, when I had it scanned a few months back I was told it was because of my ac. Well my question is what could cause the light to blink while goin fast??? I don't know the code that it read, but I'm gonna try to have autozone check it out for me after work.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: ses light blinking

blinking light is a misfire

Comment

ya a blinking ses is a major major like a cylinder is like not firing at all and it could be potentially harmful to the car and catalytic converter

Comment

Wow that's weird, the car runs smooth all the way to 6000 rpms. I gotta get that checked out. Could that possibly be a bad crank or cam positioning sensor??? If I remember right, I think it started doing that right after my clutch install, could have been doing that before tho.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I wonder if it has something to do with my plugs, I'm running bosch platinum iridium 4 prong plugs. I posted on the worldwide camaro club some of the things I wanted to do in the future to my car, and told them what I had at the time, and they told me to ditch the plugs because they burn too hot. I didn't pay much attention to them because the discussion was on nitrous, and I decided not to build the car for it.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

You could throw some NGK TR55's in there, if you think it is the plugs. The NGK's are nice plugs for our cars. Check your plug wires also to see if they are hitting something and burned though and is making it misfire.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 03-14-2009, 01:44 AM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
              I wonder if it has something to do with my plugs, I'm running bosch platinum iridium 4 prong plugs. I posted on the worldwide camaro club some of the things I wanted to do in the future to my car, and told them what I had at the time, and they told me to ditch the plugs because they burn too hot. I didn't pay much attention to them because the discussion was on nitrous, and I decided not to build the car for it.

by far the biggest piece of **** plug EVER not only a ricer plug but horrible concept and quality! i will pay you to ****ing take them out lol
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4
              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
                Wow that's weird, the car runs smooth all the way to 6000 rpms. I gotta get that checked out. Could that possibly be a bad crank or cam positioning sensor??? If I remember right, I think it started doing that right after my clutch install, could have been doing that before tho.

my 3.8 bird is doing the same thing. Did u figure out what it was yet? I changed my plugs n wires and its still doing it. Ive also changed the Cam sensor. Lemme know if u find out what it is. THanks man.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X