What year is my PCM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is my PCM?

Alright, so when I bought my car, it had already had a junk yard 3.4l put into it, the year of my car is a 94' and the engine runs like a champ, but I was wondering if there was anyway to check the year of the PCM? I may be putting in a different junkyard tranny, so how can I check this, or does it not matter?

Edit: the transmission is from a 94' car also.

Re: What year is my PCM?

pull out the pcm it's held in by 2 10mm bolts at the rear left of your engine bay (looking aty it from the nose of the car)

there should be a service # on the pcm, then you can go into the PCM section of this site, look up the PCM reference sticky by Funkz and see which year/model pcm you have.

btw, why are you trying to find out about your pcm?

Comment

Thanks, Its because I know that the year for the computers must match up for the transmission to work, and I don't know if the computer was also swapped with the engine that was put in before I bought it, and since the transmission I found is a 94' I would like to make sure that I have the computer for a 94' let me know if my thinking is flawed here.

Comment

well the 94 & 95 years are interchangeable as far as i can tell, that is of course for the auto or manual respectively.

the 93 year will only work for 93 but should work for both manual and auto.

get the service # and go from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X