Check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine light

comes on ONLY on deceleration. Had the codes checked and was told it is the EGR. Changed it and it didn't help. have chanked all sensors, tps, iac, o2, etc. Sometimes it will go off under accleration, but rarely. any ideas? 94 firebird 3.4.

Re: Check engine light

Common problem with the 3.4L engine. Considering everything that you have already changed, maybe the EGR passages are clogged???

Comment

cleaned them all out. Had a round wire bruch on the end of my cordless drill and a can of carb cleaner. Also, the tube that runs fromthe exhaust manifold to the intake. And the egr stand off thingy.My best guess is that if it's common, I will live with it. It gets about 24 mpg at 75 on the highway.

Comment

hm, that REALLY sounds like an egr problem

maybe it could be your o2's though

Comment

I changed the O2's. I did put on a used EGR. Have a friend that has a scanner that can check each solenoid on the egr and they were all working at the time. Maybe I will save my money and just buy one to see what happens.

Comment

It was the EGR valve. I had put a used one on there at the same time I cleaned out the passage in the intake. I fixed one problem and created another at the same time. I put the original EGR back on and the light hasnt' came on yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X