How easy are tuners to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How easy are tuners to use

mods: CAI, 180* therm, 2.5" exhaust, headers, high flow cathalyc, Magnaflow muffler. Next--MSD wires, and 160*therm.

Miles: 112,000

Condition: The car runs great due to a good maintenance.

Question: How easy is to use a tuner if I want some fuel efficiency, more hp, to adjust rev llmiters, to modify auto tranmission shift points and firmness. Maybe to program something else later like 160* therm, and tire size. I have read about using extra information like downloading updated stuff, aditional to the tuner itself. It look kind a confusing to me. For now I have read about different tuners. Some tuners claim to be easier to use than other ones. Hypertech have one for our V6's (HYP-32002). Is this the best one? If this is a good investment, I want go for it.
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: How easy are tuners to use

Originally posted by borispeed View Post
    mods: CAI, 180* therm, 2.5" exhaust, headers, high flow cathalyc, Magnaflow muffler. Next--MSD wires, and 160*therm.

Miles: 112,000

Condition: The car runs great due to a good maintenance.

Question: How easy is to use a tuner if I want some fuel efficiency, more hp, to adjust rev llmiters, to modify auto tranmission shift points and firmness. Maybe to program something else later like 160* therm, and tire size. I have read about using extra information like downloading updated stuff, aditional to the tuner itself. It look kind a confusing to me. For now I have read about different tuners. Some tuners claim to be easier to use than other ones. Hypertech have one for our V6's (HYP-32002). Is this the best one? If this is a good investment, I want go for it.

I would go for hp tuners over hypertech...especially if you want to get into more modding later down the road...its like 100-200 more then hypertech but you get 100000000 more things you can do. Hypertech is pretty basic I think, if you are not planning on doing much to the car, but you just want a bit of an extra tune, I would opt for a mail order tune...there only like 150$ which is much cheaper then hypertech, and you tell them what you want done to it...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Re: How easy are tuners to use

+1 for HPTuners...its about the same price as the Hypercrap.

I would get a wideband to go with it though to really be able to use it, so you're actually looking at another $175 or more.

If you do get HPTuners...get the one with the Enhanced IO...trust me.

But if thats all you're going to do to do the car...yeah a mail order tune is more what you need then. But if you plan n spraying nitrous later or adding a blower or turbo...definately get the HPTuners VCM Suite.
      99 Z28 M6...91 Z28 A4...84 Z28 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X