Need Help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help ASAP

Who can/is willing to provide me with a 1997 A4 vin #?

I just bought hp tuners and I can't licence my car. I have a mail order 1997 pcm, however it has my 1996 VIN on it.

GM told me they cannot go through there data base to give me a VIN, but if I come to them with a 1997 VIN then they can rewrite it for me....

however, the guy said its still no gurantee it will work...

Can anyone help me out?...I know its really sketchy asking for a VIN #

here is a link to the thread if you need more info.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...d=1#post896509

Thanks to anyone that can help...you can PM me the # if you wish...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Need Help ASAP

Lots of 97 VIN's on ebay.

2G1FP22K6V2130332

2g1fp22k5v2134971

This last one is Totaled

2G1FP22K6V2119198

All V6 cars
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
      Lots of 97 VIN's on ebay.

2G1FP22K6V2130332

2g1fp22k5v2134971

This last one is Totaled

2G1FP22K6V2119198

All V6 cars

ahh Im told apparently this won't work now...well maybe...cause apparently I have a 96 OS as well?

I am soo confused...like I have a 97 pcm...has a 96 vin...have no idea what OS it has...

Comment

I think your best bet would be to buy a 97 PCM and start from there. You apparently got a mess from PCM for less. As far as trying to tune it anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

OS maybe an operating system?

I have a cleared 97 vin i'll give ya. Im going to trash the car. I just needed the front clip. then its going to the scrap yrd.
          let me know. hell I can even send ya the vin plate. lol
          Archer
          MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
          http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
            OS maybe an operating system?

I have a cleared 97 vin i'll give ya. Im going to trash the car. I just needed the front clip. then its going to the scrap yrd.
            let me know. hell I can even send ya the vin plate. lol
            Archer
            Nothing to do with the VIN being clear. He needs a PCM that is not altered from stock.
            sigpic

Comment

remember when a dealer is flashing a new vin that the new vin must have had the same gear ratio as well as trans....

When I first switched from 3.08 gears to 3.42 gears I had to find a 97 vin that was a y87 car and then they could flash it so that my speedo was correct. This was before hptuners was made
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I have 3.90 gears so I will not be able to find one with the same gears....tranny on the other hand has to be an A4 I know

Archer, I will let you know my situation soon...would you happen to still have the 97 pcm?

Comment

Just get a 97' pcm download the stock bin. then make your changes then reflash the pcm with the new changes. My Hptuners will flash any 97' pcm so I never had any problems with flashing pcms, is the new system of Hptuners lock in only one vin then you can't flash any other 97 vins ?
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                    remember when a dealer is flashing a new vin that the new vin must have had the same gear ratio as well as trans....

When I first switched from 3.08 gears to 3.42 gears I had to find a 97 vin that was a y87 car and then they could flash it so that my speedo was correct. This was before hptuners was made
                    The dealer can change only the VIN with a TECH II. The rest of the tune in the PCM would not be affected. The new VIN would have to match with the OP system in the PCM for it to fix his problem. His problem comes from HPT having safety's build into it to keep people from frying their PCM's.
                    sigpic

Comment

Also GM dealerships can change Vins , I had it done once when I had a M5 at the time and I had a A4 pcm that needed to be reflashed to a M5, but I didn't know at the time I could do it myself. They charged me $80 if I remember correctly.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        Just get a 97' pcm download the stock bin. then make your changes then reflash the pcm with the new changes. My Hptuners will flash any 97' pcm so I never had any problems with flashing pcms, is the new system of Hptuners lock in only one vin then you can't flash any other 97 vins ?
                        I can change the vin with pcm...except you need a licence...and I can't get that licence for the pcm cause of the 96 stuff inside...

I guess I will go to the wrecking yard tomorrow morning and see if I can nab a new pcm for cheap...what a P*ss off...good thing the cams not in and the car not being able to run...

Comment

Is your PCM a 97 pcm or is it a 96? Pcmforless should of sent you a 97' pcm if you order one from them.

Comment

it's a 97 cause its tunned... I get an error code saying invalid VIN/OS pair...I contacted them and sent them the file and they said that pcmforless put in my 96 Vin and probably a 96 OS and that only the pcm itself was a 97...so 97 pcm, 96 OS, and 96 VIN

apparently I was looking on other camaro forums and this problem is kinda common for us 96'ers

Comment

Can you download the current tune in it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X