Hp tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hp tuners

So my hptuners should be arriving in the next few days, and I shall begin tuning sometime on Thursday (hopefully my wideband will be here)

I decided I kind of want to play around with the tuner before I install my cam soon...wondering if you guys have any tips for tunning a full bolt on car.

I read vipers site on basic tuning and will probably start with the basic stuff. Just curious if anyone wants to reveal any tricks that netted them some extra oomph... Right now the tune that is in the car is actually from pcm4less, so I am already 1 step ahead performance wise...just going to try and tweak things alittle....the real challenge will be when my cam gets here :drool:

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Hp tuners

Yeah I know a trick that worked awesome along with HP tuners. A turbo. :D When you can though, HP tuners has their own forum.. They'll be able to help you with the program way more than the vast majority on this forum.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

before changing anything, open it up, get familiar with all the tabs and features, read the help files and descriptions at the bottom when you highlight something. Then save 3-4 copies of the stock tune, one on hard drive, one in email, one on a cd-r. This way you never lose your stock tune.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
        before changing anything, open it up, get familiar with all the tabs and features, read the help files and descriptions at the bottom when you highlight something. Then save 3-4 copies of the stock tune, one on hard drive, one in email, one on a cd-r. This way you never lose your stock tune.
        true...yea it just came in the mail today...I installed it to my desktop first just to take a look at the settings...going to install it on the laptop on thursday and finally go out and get some readings and a copy of my tune on my car...can't wait...I didn't even think this thing would be in this much depth...

Comment

you think a v6 tune is in depth, go look at a ls1 tune once and look at all the extra stuff they can play with ;)

Comment

trav, you think ls1's are in depth, you should just see how much i can do with my 3.4 !!!!

:banana:

Comment

is there anything on our pcms that we cannot change with this tunner?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                is there anything on our pcms that we cannot change with this tunner?
                oh for sure, there are a lot of things that we don't have access too. But what you do have access too takes care of 99.5% of the people modding a v6

Comment

what do you suggest I start with? I'm still waiting on my wideband to arrive, so I don't really want to touch anything fuel related

I have a pcm4less tune in there right now...I'd like to start tweaking some things...

Is it possible for me to have the transmission go into 4th gear sooner? I'd like to be in 4th gear doing about 50-60km/h to save some gas...right now it pretty much doesnt go into 4th until about 65-70km/h...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X