trying to narrow down my p0300...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to narrow down my p0300...

one of those plastic tubes, the ones that are a part of the coolant system and super easy to break when taking things apart or putting it back together... yeah one of them broke and i think a chunk of it may have gotten into the cooling system. could that cause the misfires? that same day i had the bottom bolt that holds the alternator snap and had the alternator bouncing around till it threw the belt. i've since replaced both parts but the car is misfiring and back firing like crazy. any suggestions? thanks for reading!

Re: trying to narrow down my p0300...

No , that being stuck in the cooling system will not cause the miss fire. Check the plug wires that run near the alternator.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks! i'll try checking as soon as i get home. i've been doing a little more reading up on the site too. how do you check the coil packs? sorry for being so noobish :slap:

Comment

With an ohm meter. You also should visually inspect them for burn marks.
        sigpic

Comment

well i guess since you guys helped me out now you get to point and laugh... the #4 and #2 wires had been crossed and all the caps on the passenger side (2,4,6) hadn't been pushed all the way down.... thanks for all your help! she's running as smooth as ever now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X