Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p0141 and p0144

Hey all...

My car is throwing codes for both banks running too lean... p0141 and p0144. I have changed the MAF, and have no vacuum leaks. My fuel pump, and fuel filter are relatively new. I tried using a fuel injector cleaner. However, the code is still going strong. I called chevy and they said that it is most likely a faulty o2 sensor before the cat. Do you think that this could be the case? If not what could it be?

Also my car has been burning off oil like crazy. Can the fact that the engine banks have been running too lean contribute to oil burn off.

I know this is a mundane question but any help would be appreciated. I am burning through more money than my car is burning through oil.
    Dave<br />2001 Pewter Y-87 Camaro<br />K & N Air Charger, SLP Cold Air Induction Package, 3\" SLP Loudmouth, Magnaflow Cat, SLP Center Quad Tip Exhaust kit, Hypertech Power Programmer II, SLP Air Tempature Module

Re: p0141 and p0144

Yes, the O2's can be bad, but it would be both O2's in the exhaust manifolds to set both right and left codes. The Lean exhaust code sets when the PCM has to add more then 16% fuel to make 14.7 AFR for a set time. Yes burning oil can be contributed to running lean. You may have burnt a piston and that's bad news. I would do a compression test next.
    sigpic

Comment

how long has it been burning oil?

did it start happening before or after your lean codes?

Comment

Yeah... It just started burning oil. Its been running lean for a long time.
        Dave<br />2001 Pewter Y-87 Camaro<br />K & N Air Charger, SLP Cold Air Induction Package, 3\" SLP Loudmouth, Magnaflow Cat, SLP Center Quad Tip Exhaust kit, Hypertech Power Programmer II, SLP Air Tempature Module

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzz82 View Post
          yeah thats not good at all

lean conditions can easily burn a hole in your piston.. which is probably why you are leaking oil now

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzz82 View Post
            Run synthetic and see if its still losing oil.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X