Where is the knock sensor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is the knock sensor??

Then why do you think it's the knock sensor? Unless the cars been tuned for 93 that should have stopped any pre ignition or detonation.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LEOMAC23 View Post
      i also took the car for a run with it disconnected and felt no difference,it didnt get worse and i still had no ses light??
      I don't understand why no SES. fwiw, after my tranny was replaced & the wire was not hooked back up to the knock sensor, the SES was on. I think it was the code P0327 Knock Sensor, Low Voltage or Low Input.

Comment

Well it didnt stop the pinging ,and i thought it was the knock sensor because iv been told by numerous people that it was the only thing they knew that could cause pinging ,if it was getting lazy . Im not sure why there was no ses light when i unplugged it 99v6bird kinda strange, i thought the light would come on,did you notice any drivability problems when it was unplugged? mine stayed the same,still pinging.So i wonder if there was no light with it unplugged maybe there would be no light if it was not working properly??

Comment

With the SES light on, the car did run okay, but seemed very sluggish...I assumed that was because timing was retarded because the computer was trying to prevent a knocking scenario. Also, fwiw, the SES light was on with only one sensor wire disconnected, the other sensor was still connected. Not trying to be smart, but are you sure you pulled the wire off of the knock sensor...it's a single wire, and are you sure your SES light is working?

Comment

yup i pulled it off the knock sensor,drivers side and the ses light works for other things,like iac,funny it didnt come on though for the knock sensor,im gonna get the car scanned at the dealer,see if they can figure this out.

Comment

how long did you drive around with the thing unplugged? sometimes it takes a little bit for it to throw a code.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

yeah i only took it around the block,maybe thats why.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X