What is this sensor with the broken oring? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this sensor with the broken oring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this sensor with the broken oring?

hey definitly a noob question but i was wondering what the sensor right behind the throtle position sensor is and if it was the MAP cause whatever it is the o ring on it is broke and im not sure where to get a replacement, i put some rtv sealent on the housining of it cause it seemed pressurized and its holding now but im not sure for how long.

Re: What is this sensor with the broken oring?

only thing I can think of is IAC. MAP is on the rear of the intake manifold.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

it has a little metel rod with a spring around it about 1/2 inch long,and the end looks like the top of a bullet, do ya think it will be ok with out the o ring on it and just some rtv gasket??

Comment

ok its definitly the IAC, this thing was full of cruddy black stuff so i cleaned it out with brake cleaner,(hope that was right) but still not sure about the o-ring problem??

Comment

just change the o-ring it will be less than a couple of dollars then you dont have to worry about it leaking. and yes cleaning it with brake clean is just fine

Comment

take the o-ring to the auto store and tell them you need a replacement. they should be able to find one the right size and it shouldn't cost alot. worst comes to worst, I think a new IAC is $35 or so.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X