p0420

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p0420

so i got this code today and from what i found out its a bad cat,buttttt i took my cat off like 2 years ago and never got this code until toda, and i replaced my rear o2 sensor like a month go because the other idk how its broke and the wires were cut so what gives. is it maybe because i havet welded this support that goes somewhere around that area and my exhaust pipe keeps on moving around?

Re: p0420

I wouldn't worry about the pipe moving around much, mine is only supported in the rear and I have no problems(don't have it supported on the tranny). I would just clear it and see if it starts coming back on regularly.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i cleared it today and it came back on i dont understand how after two years i came on hahahahahaha but idk ima chek to see if there are any leaks. any help is apreciated hahaha

Comment

i keep clearing the code and it come back its weird how i came on after two years after i took it off.

Comment

Yeah that is weird. Since you did remove your cat, the post cat o2 sensor is no longer necessary. You'll need an o2 sim or someone with HP tuners to delete the SES code so it doesn't show up in your dash lights.
          That is weird that the code didn't come up for 2 years though because after I removed my cat it came on within a few days.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

mine came on like two days ago i was like wtf how come it came on hahahhahahaha ima keep erasing it until the damm pcm gets the hint to piss off or something hahahaha over here where i live no one has the hp tuners so idk how ima clear that code. anyone here southern cali near san diego that has hp tuners hahahah
            Last edited by michael454rs@hotmail.com; 10-08-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Here you go sir. http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/o2sim.html

Just plug that into the o2 sensor harness and you're good to go. I have one on my DD, it works.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

where exactly does this go in the o2 sensor before the cat or the one after. will this clear the chek engine light?

Comment

Do you have an o2 sensor before your cat? I'm a tiny bit unfamiliar with 97s which is what you have right? But it should go in the o2 sensor plug past the cat. If you do have an o2 sensor before the cat you may want to study on it a little more because I'm not sure what you'll want to do.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

what Connector Type do you need for a 96 3.8

Comment

i have a 97 and it has an 02 sensor before and after that cat

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
                        what Connector Type do you need for a 96 3.8
                        Get under your car and look at it. They have pictures on that website so you can tell which type you want to order. If you can't do that, maybe you could email them. I ordered mine a long time ago so I don't really remember which type I bought. But getting under there and looking at it yourself is a surefire way to tell which one you need.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by michael454rs@hotmail.com View Post
                          i have a 97 and it has an 02 sensor before and after that cat
                          Ohhh man.. I'll look around a bit to see if I can find anything.. You should too but, hopefully someone who actually knows will chime in.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

hoperfully cause i hate that chekengine light on hahahaaha

Comment

so do i. i also have a security light which also bugs the hell outta me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X