Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Oxygen Sensor "Puzzler"

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
    Did you check too see if the light bulb for the SES is good?

Yes, the light is good. It comes on when I turn the key on and goes out after the engine is running.

It also loves to come on after a long highway run, which I have been told is a common EGR issue with the 3.4 EGR system.

It appears that for whatever reason the PCM is stuck in open loop.

Comment

You need to plug in a scanner that can access the data stream to verify what code it's setting on highway cruise and that's it's not entering closed loop.
      sigpic

Comment

Update...

After running out of ideas, I disconnected the car battery overnight to reset the computer. After driving the car the next day I scanned it and this time the SES light did flash and it indicated no codes stored.

I drove the car for a few days and filled the tank. The average was 15.5mpg local driving. Not bad.

Today I had to take a quick run up North, 80 miles round trip. I filled the car before and after the trip to get a true highway mileage calculation. The mpg was 18.8 after the highway run. Very good for this car.

Overall I am very pleased with the results. Keep in mind that I run with the a/c on all the time and I do not baby this car.

After getting home I scanned the car again and the SES light flashed indicating no codes stored.

:banana: :rock:

Comment

glad to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
            The person that can answer these questions is clearly the smartest person on our fine board...
            I will call it a tie between bigbrian442 and tkoforpresident. Thanks guys.

Comment

check your fuel pressure low pressure will kill your milage
              i have a 94 3.4 m5 i had an issue with the crank sensor it wasnt reading but it also wasnt throwing any code i just noticed it one day when i was playing with the genisis in between changing the crank sensor and fixing my exhaust leak my performance and fuel milage became much more consistint.
              i live in a small small small town, car only gets fully warmed up a couple times a week now and im still at 21mpg and im always in it atleast to the city wide speed limit of 35(yeah gotta love small towns.)

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
                I will call it a tie between bigbrian442 and tkoforpresident. Thanks guys.
                :banana::banana::banana:

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                  :banana::banana::banana:
                  Yes my friend. I am just glad that I can spend a little less on fuel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X