WOT shift points Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOT shift points Tuning

Since I don't know that much about tuning and still I've donde some things, I'm that would be a great idea to buy the INTENSE™ 3800 Powertrain Control Module (PCM) HP Tuners Binary File, the Standard binary file. But I have some doubts about the slighty increase of WOT shift points to ~6,000 RPM and rev limiter to ~6,200RPM, since my car is stock internal, and on the INTENSE™ Reprogrammed 3800 Powertrain Control Module (PCM) page, they recommend it for "Increase WOT shift points to approximately 6,000 RPM and engine rev limiters to 6,200 RPM - ideal for vehicles with higher ratio rocker arms and stock camshaft ". It only has headers, custom exhaust with 2.5" pipes, flowmaster, a custom cai, 160degrees thermostat, MSD ignition coils and spark plug cables, Bosch +4 Platinum Spark plugs, EGR Delete and the TPS Enhancer. Just simple bolt-ons....so, what can you recommend people?

the Standard Binary file includes: Ideal for stock to slightly modded cars with induction mods, exhaust mods, smaller supercharger pulley and/or rocker arms - features speed limiter removal, slightly higher shift points (~6,000 RPM)** and rev limiter (6,200 RPM) , proprietary transaxle shift behavior adjustments**, air/fuel adjustments, automatic ignition timing adjustments (+3°), knock retard decay rate adjustment, cooling fan control adjustments (180°), cooling fans on at key-off for 180 seconds, will require the use of premium fuel.

The page is: http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=IE

about the cooling fan control temp, I will turn it back to 160 degrees setting, like I have it right now.
    Last edited by jbmetal; 09-11-2008, 02:03 PM.

Re: WOT shift points Tuning

Can anyone help me?

Comment

I would ditch the TPS enhancer if you get a pre-programed pcm, I really don't know about stock springs with it shifting at 6000 rpms, I have upgraded pushrods, 105 springs and modded steel retainers and it shifts fine at 6000 rpms. The stock rocker arms are already great from the factory , so no need to waste money on rocker arms, unless you plan on not going with a aftermarket cam in the future. I would look at a company that you can just email them what you want for pcm settings and go from there.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I would ditch the TPS enhancer if you get a pre-programed pcm, I really don't know about stock springs with it shifting at 6000 rpms, I have upgraded pushrods, 105 springs and modded steel retainers and it shifts fine at 6000 rpms. The stock rocker arms are already great from the factory , so no need to waste money on rocker arms, unless you plan on not going with a aftermarket cam in the future. I would look at a company that you can just email them what you want for pcm settings and go from there.
        mmmm ok....and...what do you mean by "stock rocker arms are already great from the factory"...those rockers can withstand enough pressure?

look, this is the link: http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=IE

if you can...well...see it and let me know what you think
        Last edited by jbmetal; 09-13-2008, 06:16 PM.

Comment

if you want to get all these things tuned and more you can send it to this guy,JEFF ROBERT, 'auto computer technologies' he does the cheapest tunning with great qualities, thats how i got mine tuned and it's great,trust me, his number is 1(518)872 0421 he lives in NY but is reliable, but call a couple times and leave messages he doesn't answer much,lol thats jeff.the shipping from NY to florida was like $12 to $20 really cheap, btw the basic tuning is $50 bucks,i know it's great,and the advanced tunning is for like upgraded MAF or more displacement or cams etc, and it's $100 bucks,he also sell's the computers for $50 to $70 bucks, just call him it's not going to cost you anything, hope this helps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X