3.8 Camaro, tuning for economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 Camaro, tuning for economy

Hi guys, new to the forum. I recently inherited a 1997 3.8 Camaro when my sister got a new car. I plan to use this for commuting, since it gets much better fuel mileage than my truck. Is there a chip for these? I really dont want to drop the cash for a programmer. Also thinking about an intake system and exhaust. Any help or advice would be appreaciated. Thanks.

Re: 3.8 Camaro, tuning for economy

http://forum.camarov6.com/search.php

That should help right there.
    '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
    '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
    '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Logger View Post
      http://forum.camarov6.com/search.php

That should help right there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Welcome to the boards bud..

Archer
      MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

I think the best thing you can do is drive conservatively. On the highway I can get 29 mpg by keeping it around 75 steadily. When I do 85-95 I get about 23-24. If I went 65-70 I'd probably get over 30 mpg. Just don't get on it and use common sense. The harder the engine has to work, the more fuel you are going to burn. The car is probably already tuned for economy as it is. Anything you are going to be doing will enhance performance. The slower you go the better your economy will be. If you went 45 mph on the highway you would probably get phenomenal mileage. But then, who wants to drive 45 mph on the highway? Just remember that your time is worth something too. Going really slow will save you gas money, but the expense will be living your life inside of your car.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Yeah, not planning on going 45, and I dont put my foot in it anyway. Was just thinking about an intake and maybe a muffler, but I dont want it to sound like a pissed off bumble-bee, either.

Comment

If you want to really tune for economy buy HPtuners and a Wideband and tune the vehicle for economy, after a couple of years, buying those two would have paid themselves off saving on gas. Maybe a little more.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

my car has a fat cam and some decked heads, and i average around 30-32 mph cause of hp tuners

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

"fat cam"

Comment

fat, meaning big.....

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

fat = the next gens slang for big

Its like yeah but would be said as "word" lol

Sup is kinda like "hey! how ya doing" lol

Archer
                    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

adding a intake and exhaust can add a bit more to fuel economy. maybe only a 2-3mpg difference but it will help.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X