hptuners - pro vs. standard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hptuners - pro vs. standard??

So I am thinking of picking up hptuners sometime here pretty quick....and from reading i realize there is pro that lets you directly connect wideband inputs and log data without a laptop....then there is a standard where you supposedly cannot connect a wideband input and cant log unless you have a laptop...BUT i thought i read somewhere that you can rig a way for standard to read a wideband input somehow (I can't find where I read that again) anyways my question is should i fork over the extra $150 for pro, or should i save it and just go with standard?

Re: hptuners - pro vs. standard??

I'd personally go with pro. From what I've heard, the only way to do wideband on standard is to delete the EGR and wire it through that. Supposedly it's not that hard to do, but I don't feel like deleting my EGR. I've also heard of wiring it through the AC, but not idea how that works. If I ever fork over the cash, it's going to be for Pro so I can just plug it in and go; that way if you ever want to do a friend's car, you're not trying to figure out ways to rig up a wideband.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Mine is the standard version, got it when they first came out(only got one vehicle) and they didn't have the credit system. I have mine going through the EGR, pretty easy to do if you have a wideband that has the .5v outlet. I don't mind having my laptop in the car, I only really mess with it when the weather changes and I need to adjust my fuel tables. It is really up to you, if you have the money then go pro, if not get standard.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i would get standard you can connect like three widebands through optional pid's like egr evap and what not. pro just makes it a direct plug in. Obvoucly your not a professional tuner so why get a professionals product also you can upgrade at a later time if you want they just charge the difference in price

Comment

Originally posted by jrocstar View Post
          i would get standard you can connect like three widebands through optional pid's like egr evap and what not. pro just makes it a direct plug in. Obvoucly your not a professional tuner so why get a professionals product also you can upgrade at a later time if you want they just charge the difference in price
          They charge more then the difference; IIRC, it's almost $100 more to convert from standard to pro then to flat out buy pro over standard. So, roughly $250 to convert.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

huh i thought they listed it when i got my interface the option to go pro for just the mark up

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
              They charge more then the difference; IIRC, it's almost $100 more to convert from standard to pro then to flat out buy pro over standard. So, roughly $250 to convert.
              thats very true...and thats why i may be leaning towards pro....also RadRacer has a point on the rigging a wideband up on a friends car....that might also help me defray some of the costs if i can get some friends to buy their credits if they want a tune...so besides this main point of a wideband is there anything else that anybody knows about one over the other?? and i guess if rigging a wideband through evap or something isnt that hard maybe i could go that route...its just something that probably is different on every vehicle i am guessing (maybe?) and makes it that much harder when going from platform to platform...

Comment

Originally posted by jrocstar View Post
                huh i thought they listed it when i got my interface the option to go pro for just the mark up
                i think i read on the hptuners site on their FAQ's that it was in the neighborhood of 250 (like radracer said).....could be wrong on that though......

Comment

i am probably the worng one but yea easy for any car really and you get eight credits tell two friends you will tune their car for 100 bucks and you are already well below the cost of dhp powertuner which i had and honestly blows extremely hard. I sold it and bought hp tuners within 2 weeks so glad i did that

Comment

I'd go with pro. Thats what I have and the big-time tuner guys said it was a great investment over the standard version.
                    sigpic
                    1997 Camaro RS A4
                    2006 Chevy Colorado
                    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
                      I'd go with pro. Thats what I have and the big-time tuner guys said it was a great investment over the standard version.
                      Just because of the interface or other options that I don't know about??

Comment

No other options, just the interface.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so the vote is for pro to plug and play it looks like....

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            Mine is the standard version, . I have mine going through the EGR, pretty easy to do if you have a wideband that has the .5v outlet. I don't mind having my laptop in the car. It is really up to you, if you have the money then go pro, if not get standard.

... X2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X