Got it tuned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it tuned

Well, sort of. He loaded it up, and everything was already running nearly perfect. Noticed my injector duty was at 104%, so we swapped in some 28lb'ers and copied the table from his LS1 to mine and it ran fine. Although, after we did that, it didn't seem to show the fuel trim when we took it out for a drive; also, the passenger side O2 stopped working when we put them in (even got a code on the way home; took it and got it deleted and so far so good, but still). He checked something and said it was logging the fuel trims, but it didn't seem like they were moving when we did the runs; maybe they were just that spot on? Anyways, we adjusted for my gears/tires, raised the limiter, raised my idle abit (to help with the cam), change the fan turn-ons/off (now stays on after the car shuts off), took out a few degrees at WOT (had abit of knock, not much though :)), and got the injectors done. Seems to run fine on the way home (1 1/2hr drive). He showed me some of the things (and I showed him a few things too :P, gotta love the tut on here), and it seems there is very little to mess with, in reference to our car. He loaded a LS1 tune and I got lost because there's about 100 more things you can adjust for.

On a side-note, I'd recommend the GT2 cam to anyone who doesn't have access to tuning; like I said, the only thing I need was injectors because these were at 104%, and I'm sure they would have been fine like that since you don't drive WOT all the time.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Got it tuned

cool man.
    get some new #'s im curious what it will run.

-Y87
    Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

so, you have a GT2, and you didn't require a tune to run it efficiently? That's great news if they make a cam for the 3.4 of comparable specs

Comment

Good to hear, should get some better times now.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

you know that ls1 injectors are rated at 58psi and our fuel system runs at 43.5psi right?

so your fuel tables are all messed up if you have an ls1 fuel table in there. Ls1 injectors on out cars are closer to 26lbs

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

........that's nice to know. If that's true, then my car's probably running like crap and I don't know it :(. 28/58=.4828....*43.5=21, so they'd basically be 21lbers? Yet running good, my injector duty has gone form 104% to 88%. I'll have to get a wideband soon to double check my a/f and such. till then, no getting on it :(
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Comment

Widebands do pay themselves off in the long run.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

they'd be closer to 26lbs

not so sure how an ls1 tune would do on a v6 also
                Last edited by Meatyshells; 08-04-2008, 07:29 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Well, can anyone who's put LS1 injectors in their car chime in with their table? Car's running fine, except for the bank 2 O2 being bad (think it may just be a wire somewhere; it works at times and doesn't at others. Comes up on the scanner as pending).
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Comment

what year ls1 injectors did you use? ls1s came with different size injectors. I have 2002 injectors which were rated at 28.5 psi on an ls1 fuel system.
                    this is the injector table i am using..

25.39975 25.39975 25.33294 25.26649 25.20039 25.20039 25.34529 25.70350 26.24828 26.95284 27.77021

i hope you didnt pay this guy a lot of money if all he did we copy and paste ls1 tables onto your car which = not a very good tune
                    Last edited by Meatyshells; 08-04-2008, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I paid for the credits ($100) and then $20 for the injectors. They're the 28lb injectors, so my chart should look something similar to yours?
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Comment

Another way to do you A/F if you had a wideband would be to just put 25.00 in all the tables(as long as that is your idle around 14.7) then go into Fuel control, PE, A/F vs ECT and put in your desired A/F. Then all you need to due is make small adjustments to PE vs RPM to get your final WOT A/F.

Comment

^^Thanks. The guy that did my tune is still learning; he's done a few things on LS1s, but I was his first V6. He said he won't be able to do anything to it till the 23rd, but it seems to be running just fine; besides the passenger side O2 going in/out, I've also noticed my cruise control doesn't work anymore. Any reason why? Could we have messed them both up when we did the injector install?
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                            you know that ls1 injectors are rated at 58psi and our fuel system runs at 43.5psi right?

so your fuel tables are all messed up if you have an ls1 fuel table in there. Ls1 injectors on out cars are closer to 26lbs
                            if your running ls1 injectors then dont you need a different fuel pump?

-Y87
                            Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

no, why would you?
                              ls1 injectors are just flow rated on an ls1 fuel system which runs a 58psi. so they are 28# on a 58psi system.
                              they are just less on a v6 system which runs at 43.5psi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X