O2 sensor(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor(s)

Hi you all. My '97 3.8l has the SES on. In the scanner appears a problem with the O2 sensor(s). My question is: how many O2 sensors does my camaro has? If more than 1, how can I know which is the problem one? (btw, I´m new in the forum) :cool:

Re: O2 sensor(s)

welcome.

your car has 2 o2 sensors, they are the 2 wire ones so they are a bit pricey (around 40$)

if you can't tell which one is bad i would just replace both of them, might as well.

Comment

Scan should show you which bank the problem is coming from. My 97 3.8 has 3 or 4, can't remember. One on each side of the motor in the rear, and one or two after cat. Maybe wrong, I have 3 different camaros. 95,97,98.

Comment

you will have 3 02 sensors.... one on each manifold, and one after the cat. converter... your scan will show either:

Bank 1 sensor 1: Driver side header
        Bank 2 sensor 1: Passenger side
        Bank 1/2 sensor 2: Post- Cat.

whether it be bank 1 or bank 2 AND Sensor 2 you know its your post cat sensor...

Comment

Does the above apply for a 1999 Firebird as well? I have P0155 02 Bank 2 sensor 1.
          Last edited by 1999V6; 07-05-2008, 07:56 AM.
          W68, K&N, Flowmaster, Walker Cat, 18 x 9.5 Chrome Y2k C5\'s w/ 275/35/18 Kumho 712\'s, Susp Tech 1.2 inch drop front, 1.7 inch drop rear, Hotchkis Adj PHR,Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors<br />Hawk Pads<br />Pics: <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/franjobc-date\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/franjobc-date</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 1999V6 View Post
            Does the above apply for a 1999 Firebird as well? I have P0155 02 Bank 2 sensor 1.
            passenger side O2 in the header
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Thanks Rad it was that one.
              W68, K&N, Flowmaster, Walker Cat, 18 x 9.5 Chrome Y2k C5\'s w/ 275/35/18 Kumho 712\'s, Susp Tech 1.2 inch drop front, 1.7 inch drop rear, Hotchkis Adj PHR,Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors<br />Hawk Pads<br />Pics: <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/franjobc-date\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/franjobc-date</a>

Comment

my 97 has 4 O2 sensors. one on each header, one before the cat and on after the cat.
                1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Comment

Originally posted by chris greene View Post
                  my 97 has 4 O2 sensors. one on each header, one before the cat and on after the cat.
                  Emissions ftl :tdown:

Comment

wait, then what are the 2 up near the TB?

Comment

there aren't any O2s by the TB.....
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
                        there aren't any O2s by the TB.....
                        i see that but thats not my question, i asked what they were.

Comment

You have one on each manifold one before the CAT and one after the CAT. The is nothing near the TB. There is a coolant temp sensor below the TB.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by savagecamaro96 View Post
                            Well, you have to be abit more specific. 1) it will vary on your car; 99+ will have different sensors on the TB then 95.5-97 or 93-95. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you have a 96 :P 2) Have any pictures or could you be more descriptive of the sensors? There are numerous in that area.

I'm going to take a shot in the wind and say you're asking about the MAF sensor and the coolant temp sensor.
                            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                            A few things

Comment

Originally posted by savagecamaro96 View Post
                              MAF, IAT, EGR, etc..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X