Need some help with AFR PID in HP tuners. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with AFR PID in HP tuners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with AFR PID in HP tuners.

Ok, so I've connected the brown EGR cable to my PLX SM analog plug which is suppose to be the 0-5v out.

My PID looks like this ([PID.2811]/.5)+10

For sensor I used Air Fuel Ratio
    Units I used :1

I then save it and insert it into my tables. I connect and then hit scan and it clears out the table I inserted and says unsupported parameters. Am I missing something?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Need some help with AFR PID in HP tuners.

I may or may not have figured it out. I did not know that EGR position had to be monitored in the PIDs. Had no F'n clue. Let's hope that's the problem.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

"Good luck were all counting on you". LOL When you figure it out let me know I'm interested in doing this also.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        "Good luck were all counting on you". LOL When you figure it out let me know I'm interested in doing this also.
        I got it working :) It was exactly the stupid problem I thought it was. The answer is always something small and simple.

I didn't cut into the wire harness though, I took a wire that already had a plug on it from the PLX AFR gauge stuff and modified it some so I could stick it in the EGR male harness. The middle one to be exact, the one with the brown wire.. Electrical taped that as nicely as I could and ran that to my AFR-SM. I then stuck it into the back of the analog plug to make contact, kinda soldered it in there and plugged it back in. That was the easy part.

I then made a PID and all that how I said in the first post. And then add the EGR Position V to be scanned which is very important.

After that you kinda have to look back and forth between the gauge and your laptop at the AFR as you're scanning to add or subtract from the +10 in the PID formula here --> ([PID.2811]/.5)+10 so that they sync up as close as you can. There was a difference of like 1.8 so I subtracted that from the +10 to obviously get 9.2 Well mine is somethin close to that. And that's that.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Glad you figured it out, I think I might try this next week. Good info.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            Glad you figured it out, I think I might try this next week. Good info.
            Maybe not.. I went on a run and the computer is logging pretty much a straight line. Ugh!!

Now I'm stumped. It'd be great if someone that knew could chime in.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ok fixed it. I shouldn't have tapped the wire that's already in the plug. Actually alls that you have to do is take one of those extra plug inserts that came with all the wires, solder the wire you have attached to the EGR's brown wire to that plug. And insert it into the bottom right open spot on the plug as if you were looking at it while it was plugged in.
              You might have to squeeze the little tabs that keep it in the plastic plug to actually get it in there because it was a tough little guy. Not too much though or it won't stay in the plug. You'll know what I'm talking about when you do it.

I only had to correct the PID by like .5 and it's working like a charm. I got my first good run in and everything is scanning how it should.

In this time I've also managed to learn and understand all of vipers tuning write up. But what I didn't quite get was his MAF delta section. He says to multiply everything by 2 from 2800 and up. Is that from his table or my own table? and if it's from his table, has he already done it and should I copy that f'n table exactly how it is? There are differences though in the 97-98 maf sensor like he says. Mine maxes at like 32000 and his at 16000. So much to do yet.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X