Scanner won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanner won't connect

I have a 2000 Camaro, V6/A4. A few days ago the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. I've taken it to 2 different parts stores and neither one was able to get their scanner to communicate, nada, blank screen.

Any idea's what could be going on here?

According to the manual, a steady ON light indicates a problem with the emmission control system.

Is there another way to determine a fault code?

Thanks
    Russ

Re: Scanner won't connect

If the scanner is not connecting , I believe you have a blown fuse, look to see at the fuse box on the drivers side. Check your cig. fuse and I think there is a pcm fuse or something like that. Basicly check all your fuses.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

my friends 97 trans am has this issue also....the OBD II port might not be getting power...this is the old thread about it....http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=90487...i still havent got around to testing his for him yet...but you can do yours and see if thats it...

Comment

check fuses...

-Y87
        Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Thanks guys, it was a fuse. And the check engine light was on cause the guy at tha gas station didn't tighten the gas cap when I got gas last. (it's against the law to pump your own gas here in Oregon...I know, it's stupid)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X