? about evap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about evap

Anyone who has removed their evap , ever experience their car runnig leaner? I have Hptuners and deleleted the codes. I also removed my egr and deleted those codes. Looking for some info on it, thanks Steve
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: ? about evap

i removed mine with no problems, but i didnt monitor it too closely or under heavy loads. hopefully andrew can better answer your question.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I'm not seeing it lean at WOT or part throttle, just idling. Going into the 15 and 16 A/F range. Used to be always 14.7 or lower at idle.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I'm not seeing it lean at WOT or part throttle, just idling. Going into the 15 and 16 A/F range. Used to be always 14.7 or lower at idle.
        yeh the rules that the computer uses to calculate evap are rediculous. Like if the throttle angle changes 27% it will do something different. As long as your not having issues right now, I don't think it'll be a biggie.

I'm sometimes wondered about using the evap for a manual tuning tool. Running lean? ground the solenoid. Except the PCM grounds like 15 times a second or something so...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X