MAF problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF problem

Ok i had a friend come down to help tune the car for the GT2. he pluged in the hptuners, and noticed he was flat lined on the maf. So we quickly assume mine has took a dump on me and pull his off his car to go ahead and get the tune right. We plug his in and restart it, and its still flatlined. Our only thought is that somewhere during the motor swqp a wired to the maf got pulled out or pinched somewhere. All 3 of the wires going into the connector look fine, and from their it runs into some loom and futher down into the main harness. Ive decieded to take it to the shop in a day or two since it was fine before they put the motor in. My question is before i do that, is their anything else i could check that im not thinking of? Thanks guys,

Re: MAF problem

I have had a pinch before in my maf lines. It should throw a code, mine did and I just staighten it out and haven't had a problem since. Good luck finding the problem.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well i found out part of the problem. the engine sensor fuse was blown. i replaced it and it blew right away, which means their is a short somewhere. Electrical problms are not my thing, so off to the shop it goes.

Comment

Good Luck. I hope the shop doesn't rape you on finding the short.
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic
        Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Well it looks like the located it rather quickly. It was acutally an 02 sensor that was shorting the whole thing out. luckily the shop had one in house and i can pick up tomarrow witht he total bill being 60 bucks. i cant beat that!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X