97 grand prix pcm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 grand prix pcm

ok guys here is my issue...I got taken when I bought a 97 firebird pcm for my 96 camaro...it ended up being a 97 grand prix pcm...I'm out 200$ from a shop that tried to tune if for me cause it ate up the credits...the car works with the pcm hooked up, but we cannot get the tranny tables changed. We keep trying to get it to rwd, but it keeps jumping back to fwd

does anyone know how I can get this to work so I dont have to have them buy another 2 credits for another pcm??

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: 97 grand prix pcm

The PCM's are this same, just need to re-flash the PCM with the 97 F-body program.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

what do you mean....what we had tried to do was we copied the tune from pcmforless and tried to transferre it over...and the rwd fwd wasnt working...what do you mean flash it?

also, will doing that cause me to have to buy another 2 credits to tune it?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        what do you mean....what we had tried to do was we copied the tune from pcmforless and tried to transferre it over...and the rwd fwd wasnt working...what do you mean flash it?

also, will doing that cause me to have to buy another 2 credits to tune it?
        He is saying you need to do a "write entire" with a 97 V6 F body bin file.

If your tuner doesn't have the unlimited model year 97 V6 f body licence, then yes you will need more credits. But 4 credits buy the model year licence.
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X