PCM flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM flash?

My '97 bird had set a P1870 code so i took it in and had the shop check out my transmission because that code is a TCC slip code if i recall correctly. Transmission and everything checked out..... I guess there is a gm bulletin out on that and it says the PCM needs to be flashed to fix this, I was wondering if there is any way to do this myself at all seeing as how GM likes to charge lots of money to have it done. thanks.

Re: PCM flash?

if you are getting the code you have a problem, it is not a pcm thing.

That code means you need to update the valve body in your trans. It is a $300 repair. Very common with our cars
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

already tried telling the shop(s) that. they say everything in there is fine. i cleared the code when it happened the first time, it tends to do it when its warm, hasn't done it since. also i am kinda at a disadvantage, i dont have an actual transmission place anywhere near where i am, and the GM dealer wants to charge me upwards of 700 bucks to do a valve body job. but i've had it in two shops and they say everything tests fine and all that. this is just what they are telling me.....

Comment

yes everything is going to test fine on their scanners. But it is definitely your valve body wearing out. Happens only when you drive your car for like an hour right? Yea it is the common thing. You can drive it like that for a little while, but I would get it fixed in the long run or ruin your trans over time
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

it actually hasnt happened for quite a while...since last summer really, and i have driven it for an extended period of time since then, like 6 hours for the drive home from school. its not just cruising either, im pulling a mountain or two. any suggestions on where to take it, all the shops here say they wont do anything unless the code is set, and if i cant get it to set after a 6 hour drive i dont know what to do. and if it happened once its bound to happen again right?

Comment

just another thought i had...would that code set if a valve stuck for a while? i have no clue when it comes to transmissions so its just a thought.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X