Hp tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hp tuners

I've never tuned before, so I was wondering if someone could give me a broad overview? You change data in the tables, but is it live? Like could I sit in the car with my laptop open and turn the fans on?

does it take a long time? I assume I don't need a dyno, but one would probably be helpful...

Also, wheres a good place to buy?

Re: Hp tuners

you upload the tune you tweaked from your laptop to your car with the car off. You cannot tune while it is running as you overwrite the file that is on your pcm

It does not take a long time to change things, just takes a long time to "master" as there are many tables you can change

No dyno needed, a wideband gauge is helpful to get the most out of your tuning

www.hptuners.com ;)
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Well, if you're going to a dyno, chances are they'll have tuning software there for your car. I don't have the software, but there are numerous how-to's and such online. I feel I could tune my car efficiently just from reading them :) And time will depend on you and your car. As for buying, their site's the best IMO. Everywhere else seems to jack the price up a bit so they can make some profit.

Edit: Damn you 97rs. Get off the computer and get back to building that B/A Motor!
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

There are VCM controls where you can turn different aspects on and off with the laptop plugged into the car while running the VCM Scanner. The fans are one of these. You can also do things like, lock the converter or lock the trans in one gear. Read and clear trouble codes.

To change your tune, You need to log Scanner files while driving, learn to read what is going on with the scanner and then use the VCM editor to change and load your tune. You make small changes like this, and do it over many time depending on what part of the tune your working on.
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X