How much $$ to tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much $$ to tune

I have my 96 bird and I bought a 97 PCM off a board member a while ago and wanted to get it tuned for what I have.

The one he sold me has top speed removed, 3.42's, and 160 thermo.

I want to change the 160 thermo setting to stock setting, change gears to 2.73's that I have, change tires to 245/50/16's, setup for headers and 3" exhaust if thats possible without getting on dyno, and keep the top speed removed.

A local shop, that is a local boards sponsor, told me he would charge me $350 to get it dyno'ed and everything adjusted correctly. He said the tune would be just to my car and anything I ever wanted to change in future he would not charge me for if there was no reason to go on dyno, such as gear or tire changes, of course if it went on the dyno there is a charge.

Then we talked and I told him all I was really interested in was getting gears fixed for speedo and he said he could do that stuff not involving the dyno for $150, like speedo and SES light for headers, but I'm unsure if that would include free changes for non dyno stuff in the future.

What do you all think about this pricing? The car is a DD now and I'm just looking to get better gas mileage out of the car now.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: How much $$ to tune

that is a pretty good deal for a dynotune. But why get into tuning your pcm when you could put the money into getting yourself a 3.42/lsd rear end instead of your 2.73s?

You are not going to see a DRASTIC change in gas mileage either, it will improve some but not bigtime.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Yeah I was told to bring 500 at least to a dyno. Screw that, i'll get a dyno tune eventually but I'll stick with learning HPtuners at the same price. I know it's not as good but I'm happy with it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
        that is a pretty good deal for a dynotune. But why get into tuning your pcm when you could put the money into getting yourself a 3.42/lsd rear end instead of your 2.73s?

You are not going to see a DRASTIC change in gas mileage either, it will improve some but not bigtime.
        This is my DD and 3.42's are not the direction I'm going. I want good handling car to drive back and forth to work on interstate.
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X