96 tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 tuning

ok well in my search for a 97 pcm i have found that the 97 supercharged cars use the same pcm by part no. if i re flash one of those and tell it i am an f body not a w body would it work?

also during re flashing of the pcm do i use my Vin no. or the Vin of a similar optioned 97 f body?
    96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Re: 96 tuning

if it accepts a complete bin flash then it would work. There are 97 fbody computers out there if you look around though.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i found a w body for $25 and i am a dealer so flashing is free, i am gonna try it over the weekend i will let you know.
      96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

yea if you have the capability then try it out

Comment

which vin do i use, i know i cant use one outta a w body, injectors and what not will be diffrent. but do use a 97 vin or my 96?

Comment

what program are you changing the data with?

If it is hptuners you can do a full rewrite with a 97 bin file.

If not then I would use a 97 fbody vin number with the same trans

Comment

i will be using a tech2 with the gm support and updates untili can get to turbov6s and use the hp tuners to do tuning. just trying to get it driveable

Comment

I would use the 97 VIN with the TECH II. Then change the VIN with HPtuners to match your car. The TECH II uses the VIN to select the file it loads.
                sigpic

Comment

which rpos should i make sure are the same i know the obvious ones.

l36
                  m30
                  gu4
                  no g80
                  anything else gonna make a diffrence

Comment

I would make it as close to your car as you can.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just did a search of the cars For Sale on eBay until I found one that matched. The VIN is always listed.
                      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

yea that is what i did, found a 97 convert, diffrent color but i belive everything else is the same. i can run vins all day to see what rpo codes they have make sure they match, i just dont carry mine but i am familair with the options that i have.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X