So I bought a 97 PCM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought a 97 PCM...

So recently I bought a PCM for my 96 camaro. I did a quick test of plugging it in to see if it will start right up, and I get nothing. About one huff, anbd after that the car turned over, but it did not start up. Im more of a mechanical kind of person then a computer person, so I dont whats up. Do i have to get the computer flashed to allow it to start my car, or could there be somethign wrong with it? if so ill be pissed, but better to ask the peopel who know then go on a guess. Oh and by the way, New guy to the site here, but not a new guy when it comes to F-bodies:naughty:

Re: So I bought a 97 PCM...

Unless it is a bad PCM or the connections weren't made right it should start and idle. When you use a A4 pcm on a M5 car it will still start but it will through alot of codes. But it will still start. I've done about 5-6 swaps on mine and about 3 on other vehicles with no problems.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hmm, well Ill give it another try, hopefully I dont have a bad PCM. I did buy it off of eBay, so I guess its anybody's guess if the person is tellign the truth or not. They said it was out of a 97 A4 ( which I have) so it should start up.

Comment

Make sure you have connectors on correct ports, they are marked blue and clear. Good luck :tup:
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

Well I tried again and....it's a dud. did the same thing, made sure blue and clear, and nothing. looks like ive been had on eBay, oh well. I cant get a break for nothing man, I guess ill use it as a core or something. :( If I give you guys a couple other numbers off of it, could you decipher if it is out of an F-body, adn not a GTP, or something?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X