OBD-I Useless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OBD-I Useless

The EGR wires come off easily, no clip or "pop" sound to let you know it's secure, and the tube is dented a bit. Ordered a new tube, should be in in a few days. The SES as far as I can tell is as 87SC put it.. possessed. It seems quite random.

The only things that always accompany it are my bouncing oil gauge and the rough idling/riding in gear. (Neutral/Park you'd think the car is off. Well, if the muffler didn't have a hole in it. ) The rough riding and gauge bouncing are always together, sometimes they bring the SES to the party.

I found an OBD-I & II scanner online and it should be here tomorrow if UPS didn't lie. Hopefully it can tell me wtf is up, I hope it isn't some major overhaul.

Side notes that may or may not be pertinent. When the car is at half a tank or lower the car can be a ***** to start. Also, whoever had the car before me threw in a generic oil dipstick that doesn't sit properly causing smoke to come out when engine is hot. PCV is new, oil, filter, tranny fluid, plugs, wires, gremlins, all new.

Comment

Dun dun DUN! The scanner showed me 2 codes.. 1) A/C refrigerant low. (What -a- shocker /endsarcasm) and...

2) EGR Solenoid 1 Error

Comment

It wouldn't store either of those codes?
        sigpic

Comment

Will this work for my 1989 Camaro V6?

Comment

Originally posted by tbonebuggs
            Will this work for my 1989 Camaro V6?

Using a scanner...........YES.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Enyx311 View Post
              Dun dun DUN! The scanner showed me 2 codes.. 1) A/C refrigerant low. (What -a- shocker /endsarcasm) and...

2) EGR Solenoid 1 Error
              I might have to check my EGR if that is what your scanner says as sometimes I get a little bit of a rough idle and a bouncing oil gauge.

Comment

Ok, so my reply is kind of late. :spank:

It apparently stored the codes because the scanner picked them up, but the original code reader I got didn't blink, which I find quite odd.

After it gave me those codes I checked the EGR and noticed the electrical connector was somehow partially melted, and was extremely loose. I ordered a new electrical connector and EGR just to be safe. Should be here before the week starts.

Hopefully that's the last of my problems. :rant:

....well, besides the leaking exhaust and cat, and the dripping drain pan, and missing steering wheel radio controls, and the blown power steering pressure hose. (Just replaced that last one.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X