Venom Performance chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venom Performance chip?

I have a 96 3.8L V6 camaro with cat back flowmaster, hypertech thermostat, slp cold air intake and airhawk high flow air box and i just wanted an opinion on the venom performance chip for their v6 camaro/firebird and what everyone thinks of it

if you have one installed i would greatly appreciate the input, thanks

Re: Venom Performance chip?

junk.

swap in a 97 PCM and get hptuners or a mail order tune
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

If your planning on keeping the car and doing more with it in the future take 97's suggestion and do the swap so you can use HP Tuners... your limitless with it's capibiltys on engine/boosted/Nos ect....
      ~Scott

Comment

piece of crap. dont do it. swap pcms and tune it like its supposed to be.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

The funny thing is I still have a Venom 400 in a box somewhere I bought from Rk sport when they first came out. It just tapped into the maf sensor and map sensor and something else I think, did a little bit performance wise, but not compared to HPtuners. I even got the injectors when they came out(pieces of sh!t they were) My first run with the injectors in and one of them locked open and fuel was pouring out everywhere. Started smoking real bad almost burnt up my car. Rk sport refunded my money and where lucky they didn't get sued for my time and almost blowing me up. So I would stick with Hptuners. Unless you want me to dig up the Venom 400 and I'll see it to ya.LOL BTW this was when I didn't know the board exsited in 1998 I think or earlier.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thank god for message boards eh?

i remember when it first came out, it claimed 25% increase in hp.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

haha thanks guys i was planning on taking getting the hp tuners now but im not gonna lie i have no clue how the thing works so could someone possible give me a brief summary haha

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X