02 Sensors...Please Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Sensors...Please Help.

So i stopped by advanced this morning and had the run a check on my 2000, 3.8l camaro....turns out all three of my o2s are bad, and for all three they qouted me a lil under 200. I know i can get them cheaper online, but i dont know what im looking for. I know that all three of them arent the same. Can someone help me by telling me what i need....and also, if i get cheap ones will it hurt my performance?

Re: 02 Sensors...Please Help.

If your worried about price then it wouldn't hurt to get a cheap one for the AFTER CATALYST 02 sensor. That sensor only makes sure the catalyst is doing its job and doesn't affect performance. The first two on the headers will affect performance and are a bit more important. Btw, I'd question the judgement an advanced auto parts guy gives. What code was it throwin anyways? I'm willing to bet unless something major is wrong and fouled all 3 of your 02 sensor, that it's probably just your single after catalyst 02 sensor. Which is a lot cheaper to buy than all 3. I was throwin the after cat code.. I cant remember somethin like p0420 I think.. The guy tried to tell me that one of my cylinders were misfiring. That's about how well you can trust those guys that scan your car from an auto parts store.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X