SES Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Code

Light came on last night, and I took it to AutoZone today to get it scanned. Came out with PO420, and the guy said it was an exhaust manifold O2 sensor. Can anyone confirm this? I Google'd it and I couldn't really find anything immediately and I'm impatient. Thanks guys.

Re: SES Code

Yes, it's the cat low efficiency code. Either your cat or your rear 02 sensor is bad. Or both.

What you can do:

1. Get a new cat/02 sensor depending on which is bad.

2. Get an o2 sim, somewhat illegal but everyone does it. (cheaper than the above)

3. Live with it until your next inspection then do one of the above. (It doesn't hurt performance, it's strictly emissions)

Comment

Ironic that the smoke code is 420 heh.

Comment

yea your cat is probably plugged, unless you have a high-flow cat then the o2 sensor is shot in the rear and you need it tuned out or an o2 sim
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

hm... i'm taking it to the shop tomorrow to see what they have to say about it... might just end up getting a sim in there shortly, but my gas mileage has gone to absolute sh!t

Comment

More than likely the 02 sensor. But I agree, if its the rear - replace with a sim and gut the cat (so you don't clog it in the long run :) ).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X