FASTchips tuning 3.4 anyone try it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FASTchips tuning 3.4 anyone try it?

looking to tune my 3.4 but dont want to spend the money on megasquirt. i am only doing mild mods, headers, intake, exhaust, gears, pullies, ported and polish TB ect. so i dont really need mega squirt. i read on fullthrottlev6 the company FASTchips tunes 3.4 camaros, i looked on the site and they do, but i have heard people say they only have on tune and its for a stock car, and others say they custom tune your computer based on your mods,has anyone had a fast tune? and does anyone know anything about them?

Re: FASTchips tuning 3.4 anyone try it?

no but i would love to know abt that............u should call them and ask them wat changes they can doo....n let us know too!!!!

Comment

i dont think they can tune a 93 3.4..... but they can do the other years right?

Comment

yeah. let us know. I've been looking at Tunerpro RT. People use it all the time for 3rd gen Camaros as well as other cars including the 3.4 if I remember reading right. I'm just trying to find out what exactly I need to get going with it.
        Originally posted by LETZRIDE
        I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
          i dont think they can tune a 93 3.4..... but they can do the other years right?

your right, i checked the site and there is no tune for a 93, but they will tune other years. sent them an email last night on what they can do so im waiting for a responce, ill let you guys know what they say

Comment

k i called the fastchips.......she wrote down my info.......and she told me the tune guy is gonna call me with all the changes he can make.......and she said dat b4 we try anything he mite also dyno tune a stock 3.4 v6 comp to see wat he can do.........when he calls ill take all the info and let u guys know....ill let him know abt the forum and stuff.....lets hope for the best

Comment

man i really wish they could tune the 93 ...... i would love to get one

Comment

The 93 is a different PCM than the 94-95 so they may not have the bin file, but both are flash computers so there's physically no reason why they couldn't reprogram them. It may be a software issue.

Ed Wright at Fastchip has done other members 3.4 PCM's before, I've talked to that lady that answers the phone and she doesn't know anything. Talk to Ed and he'll give you the info you need. IIRC they can correct speedo for different gears, change fan turn-on temp, adjust shift points, etc. a "basic" performance tune for the 3.4 but they won't customize it for advanced mods like heads/cam or FI.

Also it's $350 for the retune I believe and I think it was almost $200 for changes. I know for sure 95bat was one that had it done, can't recall some of the others.
                1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

****, I wish someone would find out how they're doing it so us guys at home can do it ourself. They just cost way too much. Forking over $350 for a retune after every major mod you do to the car is ridiculous and is way too slow. If they can do it, someone else can too. I want to know how they do it.
                  1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

well just checked my mail and havent got a reply yet, even if he can do a basic tune, and get me a few more ponies like at least 7-10 i would not have a problem dishing out the $350. I mean after all the bolt ons im not left with much else, besides FI and i dont have the know how for that. I cant wait to hear the news

Comment

Originally posted by HossV6
                      well just checked my mail and havent got a reply yet, even if he can do a basic tune, and get me a few more ponies like at least 7-10 i would not have a problem dishing out the $350. I mean after all the bolt ons im not left with much else, besides FI and i dont have the know how for that. I cant wait to hear the news

i agree, id fork up the $ too....

Comment

k guys Eric called me this morning........I asked him what differences he can make....1.all the basic stuff including gears, tires ,shift points and such.......But he also said that he will bump the timing and stuff and gain around 15-20 hp outa it.....350 for the 1st n than 150 for the changes.....if any of our members there in the location......he can go to him and talk to him too..

Comment

Sounds worth the buck

I'd go for it, but i've decided for an engine swap with an LT1

Comment

Originally posted by Ballee
                            k guys Eric called me this morning........I asked him what differences he can make....1.all the basic stuff including gears, tires ,shift points and such.......But he also said that he will bump the timing and stuff and gain around 15-20 hp outa it.....350 for the 1st n than 150 for the changes.....if any of our members there in the location......he can go to him and talk to him too..
                            sounds good to me thats about $17 a horse, im gonna do it. good think the camaro is going to be down for a few months, ill just have to get the gears in this month before i send it out.

Comment

yeah dats the thing......this should be 1 of the last step.......after everything

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X