MAF code and engine sensor fuse keeps on blowing - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAF code and engine sensor fuse keeps on blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF code and engine sensor fuse keeps on blowing

my ses light came on today so i scaned it and came up with the code p0102 low voltage to mass. i cheked in the fuse box under the hood and found my engine sensor fuse was blown so i replaced scanned it again and cleared the code and everythign was fine, BUTT it came back on after 10 second, cheked under the fuse again and it was popped i disconected the maf and replaced the fuse and it still blew . from what ive read it could be one the the 3 o2 sensors. is there somethign special i should be lookign for like burnt wired or torn? any help should would apreciate it :)

Re: MAF code and engine sensor fuse keeps on blowing

check your wiring first to the MAF sensor, look for any cuts or anything.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

YGPM :D. Same thing was happening to me, and it turned out to be my O2 simulator was burnt up and grounding the whole system. It even blew 20A fuses :( (supposed to have a 5A fuse, IIRC)
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

your just shorting out the fues somewhere. it could be tiny so keep your eyes open
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

ok so are the o2 sensors suppose move around cause when i was cheking them the one in the manifold looked ok then the one before the cat was able to move around like it was broken or something but i cant see around it because it has a piece of metal welded around it u guys think that might be my problem cause when i scan the car it only gives me the maf code but i unpluged the maf and it still burns my engine sensor fuse what do you guys think.

Comment

say it is my o2 sensor that is messed up how do i take it out?

Comment

Originally posted by michael454rs@hotmail.com
              say it is my o2 sensor that is messed up how do i take it out?
              Put a wrench on it and unscrew it. Don't know the size off the top of my head, but it may be fairly hard because the metal is constantly expanding and contracting because of heat and such, so the sensor ends up in there pretty tight. A large breakers bar most likely will be your best friend.
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

And don't remove it when its still hot.. It can and probably will burn you along with stripping out the threading. At work.. we made fun of our supervisor for doing that to his own car. Try penetrating lube and patience. That seems to work the best with stuck bolts and 02 sensors. If that doesnt work out, a little heat wont hurt. Just not too much, ya know? And if you resort to heat, please do watch the fuel lines.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
                  And don't remove it when its still hot.. It can and probably will burn you along with stripping out the threading. At work.. we made fun of our supervisor for doing that to his own car. Try penetrating lube and patience. That seems to work the best with stuck bolts and 02 sensors. If that doesnt work out, a little heat wont hurt. Just not too much, ya know? And if you resort to heat, please do watch the fuel lines.
                  i was told it was best to drive the car to normal operating temperature and then remove and replace o2 sensors...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by 95redslp
                    i was told it was best to drive the car to normal operating temperature and then remove and replace o2 sensors...:cool:
                    Heh, who told ya that?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

the haynes repair manual.....

Comment

Originally posted by 95redslp
                        the haynes repair manual.....
                        Heh, yeah that manual has been known to be completely accurate. :bs:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X