Remove speed limiter on 98 CamaroV6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove speed limiter on 98 CamaroV6

Hallo, what can i do to remove the speed limiter on my 98 Camaro V6 ?
    On my old 91 RS with 305TBI it was easy with a JET power chip. I ask Jet now for my 98 V6, but they told me that it was not possible!

Any ideas?

Re: Remove speed limiter on 98 CamaroV6

get it tuned?

Comment

tuning is the only way. You can get a mail order tune and have a few other things done at the same time. But really..what's the point of going over 118?
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i got my car up to 130 and i thought i was going to die. car was still kind pulling too

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

yep get her tuned...eh if you have the limiter removed...and you burn out in say the rain...do you risk blowing your engine because its reving soo freely and there is no rev limiter anymore?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

if you blow up a 3800 from burn outs in the rain i will shake your hand. it won't have any problems you won't spin over say 70 on a really slick road and it would be like reving the engine to limiter in park it does just as fast. just don't crash. and you have to have the limiter removed by a tuning program. dhp power tuner is really easy. i am sure someone around you has that or hp tuners. but regardless where will you be going over 118 because i know there is no tracks that lets an unliscenced person race on at any speed near that.

Comment

hptuners, or dhp are the tuning packages you can get.

or get a mail order tune
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jrocstar
                if you blow up a 3800 from burn outs in the rain i will shake your hand. it won't have any problems you won't spin over say 70 on a really slick road and it would be like reving the engine to limiter in park it does just as fast. just don't crash. and you have to have the limiter removed by a tuning program. dhp power tuner is really easy. i am sure someone around you has that or hp tuners. but regardless where will you be going over 118 because i know there is no tracks that lets an unliscenced person race on at any speed near that.
                true... why would you need to do over 118? ;) ... i wish we had a race track around here at all public that you can go to... i don't even think we have a drag strip...:(

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                  tuning is the only way. You can get a mail order tune and have a few other things done at the same time. But really..what's the point of going over 118?
                  hes from germany... autobahn :)

nvm i was just dissapointed... the speed limit on the autobahn is 130kmh => 80mph :(... its ok i usually hit about 118mph when im driving home from school... its not that fast
                  Last edited by 95redslp; 11-05-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

it might not seem that fast when there is no problems but look at it this way 118 mph is 623040 feet per hour which is 10384 feet per minute 173.06 feet per second. a lane is say 12 feet wide so that means in any incident you can go from being on the road to off the road in .069 seconds. that is a little bit faster than anyone can react. and that tree is going the exact same speed as the road. tree's don't say sorry. i have seen alot of people hurt including my friends from this stuff. it seems innocent until you really have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jrocstar
                      it might not seem that fast when there is no problems but look at it this way 118 mph is 623040 feet per hour which is 10384 feet per minute 173.06 feet per second. a lane is say 12 feet wide so that means in any incident you can go from being on the road to off the road in .069 seconds. that is a little bit faster than anyone can react. and that tree is going the exact same speed as the road. tree's don't say sorry. i have seen alot of people hurt including my friends from this stuff. it seems innocent until you really have a problem.
                      very true... i know a few people that have died in car crashes... more so in drunk driving though...

Comment

Yes im from germany and is normally to drive in high speed range. With germany cars no problem to drive 250 km/h. Its easy and need not more attention as 180 km/h. The cars now are so fast and easy to drive... with a Camaro it is most time not possible to drive so fast. Terible suspension in light curves.

but HP tuners is this possible on 98 modells? Not only for 2000+ Modells?

Comment

97-02 camaro/firebirds can be tuned with hptuners. So yes it will work with a 98 to remove the speed limiter
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I've got a DHP PowerTuner for sale. It'll tune any 97-05 GM 3.8V6. That includes the 97-02 Camaros. PM me if you're interested, I need money for tires.
                            ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X