96 Pcm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Pcm

has anyone gotten a 96 PCM from PCMforless? how did you guys like it?

Re: 96 Pcm

uh yea, read the stickies, you need a 97 pcm for 96 cars and that is what pcmforless will send ya. There have been mixed feelings towards their tunes lately
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
      uh yea, read the stickies, you need a 97 pcm for 96 cars and that is what pcmforless will send ya. There have been mixed feelings towards their tunes lately
      Yup...I already posted a thread on this about a month ago....I just got mine in today, I like it soo far

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

so its worth the money to go ahead and just get one?

i just dont want to spend over 200 dollars for something that im not so sure about in the first place.

Comment

depending on mods yes it is worth it

Comment

I've got one of their PCM's in my car. It made a big difference when I installed it. However, I am far from stock to begin with, and would probably benefit even more from a custom tune.
            Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

when I emailed them they told me that even a stock car should see a solid 10 rwhp...but yea the more mods the better...personally I'd leave it as one of the last mods you do...No sense in getting the tune then having to spend money adding things to the tune because you decided to get gears and wat not...Plan exactly what you want done, and go from there...try to get the pcm after you've covered all the areas that will benefit from the tune, and it will be worth it.

Comment

i have already done everything i can think off before digging into the actual motor. i have the one-piece aluminum driveshaft, the auburn LSD w/ 3:42 gears, i have full exhuast, EGR delete, soon to be A/C delete, cold air intake, rear disc brakes... ect ect...

car is far from stock but the motor itself is stock. dont plan on doing anything else to her either. until after Oct 21st. (track day)

after i find out how shes doing compared to last year, then ill think about getting other mods for it. but right now im content. just thinking about getting a computer so i can be a little more happy with her.

Comment

yea get a tune for your car, it will help ya with those mods

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                    yea get a tune for your car, it will help ya with those mods
                    Yup, by the way 97rs4life my 96 was a direct plug and play with the 97, I didnt need that case relearn i was so worried about...thanks again...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X