Computer Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Issues

Hey everyone, my searches on here have helped but not to the extent i need. I just got my car back and long story short my cpu is out. My check engine light has been on forever (even before I got the car fixed for other reasons). I have rented a code scanner and it wouldnt even turn on when I plugged it in. The place that fixes my car tried their scanner... and nothing. Hes convinced its the cpu.

My question is should I replace it or not worry about it? My car runs good, i dont really have any issues with idling, i still avg 24-25 miles on the highway.

Is there any other issues that I should look out for that are a dead ringer for a bad cpu?

Thanks.
    What\'s her last name? I\'ll look it up.<br />You know I don\'t recall. Swim, Swammy, Slippy, Slappy, Simmons, Sommons, Swenson, Swanson?<br />Maybe it\'s on the briefcase.<br />Oh yeah! It\'s right here, Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S though!

Re: Computer Issues

if the pcm was bad you won't be driving your car.

Sounds like your OBDII port is not getting power. Maybe check the fuses for it first. Something is wrong with the wiring of the obdII port if the scanners are not receiving anything from it.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

IF the scanners would not even turn on when hooked up to the ODBII port it sounds like you have a dead short in the plug. Did the scanners work when not plugged into the port? Or do you just mean they didn't show any codes at all?

Comment

What I can remember is that the scanner wouldn't even do anything when plugged into the port. how would i know that for sure? would i have to hook up something into the computer itself to see if it is working fine?
        What\'s her last name? I\'ll look it up.<br />You know I don\'t recall. Swim, Swammy, Slippy, Slappy, Simmons, Sommons, Swenson, Swanson?<br />Maybe it\'s on the briefcase.<br />Oh yeah! It\'s right here, Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S though!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X