Which tuning option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tuning option?

I'm trying to figure out which tuning option to go with.
    I will be doing a heads and cam swap in august.

At first I was thinking of doing the pcm4less tune. Cost: $150+$75 for core $225 total. Easy swap but probably not the best. <--cheap

I also found someone local that would be willing to by the licensing for his tuning software to tune my v6 and do a dyno tune for around $300. <--seems high

I have also thought about buying HPTuners but don't know anything about tuning. Buying HPT would cost around $500 to $650. But would be nice to have so I could check codes and such. <--could tune future cars with this

Also with a dyno tune do they not require you to have wideband o2 sensors to tune? I'm confused on the wideband thing.

Which would be the better option?
    Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Re: Which tuning option?

if you are doing heads/cam and possibly more mods in the future I would just buy the hptuners yourself. No use in paying someone each time to tweak your tune when you do some new mods.

If the car is getting dynotuned they will set a wideband sensor into your tailpipe to get A/F ratio readings. If they don't use a wideband sensor they are not going to be able to tune your car correctly. The wideband gets the exact A/F ratio and tells you instantly if you are rich or lean and then they can adjust the fuel accordingly.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: Which tuning option?

There is also texas speed and intense racing mail order tunes you could look into if money is an issue.

Best suggestion is to get HPTuners and learn all you can about tuning and take advice and help from other knowledgeable individuals and tune your own car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X