Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Rs chip mod

Originally posted by martinearley
    really thats bull **** i am just trying to find out what to tweak on the pcm or what they should adjust you knoe. What did you do so i can get some ideas. Anyone say anything i just need opinions.

Let's start with what year do you have? That makes a big difference in the answer.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i have a 96 rs with catback exhaust and a fipk k&n intake

Comment

Is it an A4 (automatic), or a 5 speed?

If is auto, you'll want them to change your shift points, and adjust the torque management -but I might recommend a shift kit before that.

Then you'll want them to change your fan switch temps -after you put a cooler thermostat in

I don't think mail order tunes adjust the A/F but I could be wrong

you might want them to advance your timming (I'm not sure with the 3.5 though)

Can have them delete certain codes -useful if you do an EGR delete or gut your cat

they'll change your speed-o -if you put differnt gears in the rear

As you can see tunes become more useful as you change more things on your engine, my advice for you is to make a few more mods and read up a bit then think about a tune. As for your friend saying "chip it" all of my friends who pretend they know about cars always say "dude is it chipped?!?" that guy "chipped it man!!" that might work for civics and other economy cars because they come tuned to sacrifice power for comfort and gas milage. I'm sure the chip, an intake, and a big coffee can muffler give them a sig power increase, but our cars are a little differnt.

you should go into the search section and search starter mods or free mods or cheap, you'll find things like aluminum DS, 160 t-stat, EGR delete, gears/LSD, etc.

you can probably put another 10hp to your wheels without spending more than 100 bucks
        K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

thanks man you helped alot ill probably have a couple questions for you if you dont mind when i m done looking at all this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by martinearley
            i have a 96 rs with catback exhaust and a fipk k&n intake
            There is NOTHING you can do with a 96 PCM. You must get a 97 PCM to be able to change anything, and it must be programmed either with a mail-order tune or HP Tuners.
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X