Possible Computer Problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Computer Problem???

I have a 94 Camaro and it recently out of the blue started stumbling under acceleration. I didn't drive it for about 4 days when I put new front shocks, rotors and pads on, then I changed the oil because it was that time and took it for a drive and during that drive it started. I know the shocks, rotors/pads, or oil wouldn't be the cause. I took it to a place and they told me it was my spark plug wires and plugs but I put new Accel wires and AC Delco Platinum plugs on about 3 months ago. Also at that time I added new Accel Coils. The Haynes manual I have says if it stumbles its from the timing being wrong or dirty/clogged injectors or low fuel pressure. I have put fuel system cleaner in it before this happened so it shouldn't be the injectors. The timing is controlled by the computer since it is a DIS, so is my computer bad or am I missing something?

Re: Possible Computer Problem???

The engine only stumbles when you punch it when idling when in park or when you punch it when driving, other times it is nice and smooth.

Comment

Are you throwing any codes? SES light coming on?
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I had my car stumbling the same way, during hard acceleration...turns out i broke one of my spark plugs when i replaced em, swapped it out and she runs beautiful.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

If you are sure your spark plugs and wires are good, check your coils and ICM, when I took my ICM and 3 coils into autozone, they all tested fine. I bought a new ICM and installed that with my old coils and it solved the problem. Came with a lifetime warranty, too, so I'm set for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
            Are you throwing any codes? SES light coming on?
            No codes and no SES light coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by speedyz
              If you are sure your spark plugs and wires are good, check your coils and ICM, when I took my ICM and 3 coils into autozone, they all tested fine. I bought a new ICM and installed that with my old coils and it solved the problem. Came with a lifetime warranty, too, so I'm set for a while.
              The coils are Accel coils and are 3 months old, but I will pull my ICM off and take it to get tested.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                I had my car stumbling the same way, during hard acceleration...turns out i broke one of my spark plugs when i replaced em, swapped it out and she runs beautiful.

I replaced my spark plugs 3 months ago but I will pull them out and get new ones and see if it runs better and if it does I'll take the old ones back.

Comment

Originally posted by jnxV6
                  I replaced my spark plugs 3 months ago but I will pull them out and get new ones and see if it runs better and if it does I'll take the old ones back.

If there only 3 months old you dont have to go buy new ones...Just check them to makes sure there not cracked/damaged and make sure there tight.

Since there 3 months old and the problem just started i'd check that there all tight first...but dont buy new ones unless there damaged, waste of money

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                    If there only 3 months old you dont have to go buy new ones...Just check them to makes sure there not cracked/damaged and make sure there tight.

Since there 3 months old and the problem just started i'd check that there all tight first...but dont buy new ones unless there damaged, waste of money
                    They look fine, I am going to get my ignition control module tested tomorrow

Comment

I reinstalled my original coils and it is running like it used to, thanks for all the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X