AFR gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFR gauge

I want to put an A/F ratio gauge in my car. Is it even worth installing a gauge on the stock narrow band O2's instead of a wideband? I know this is exactly pcm, but more to do with tuning. Mods, if you think this belongs somewhere else, please move it :)
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Re: AFR gauge

not really worth it unless you want a light show, lol. I have one just to fill the 3rd hole in my pillar pod
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Do the wideband if you do any air/fuel gauge.Very good mod to do, also can save your engine in the long run.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. I was considering this:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=151

I would buy a gauge too cuz it doesnt come with one.

My question is, why would I want to hook it up to my computer? Or is that only if you have HP Tuners?
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Yes, a wideband is only to be used with a tuner (it shows the real AFR)
          Unless youre just rich and dont care about buying WB sensors
          No, you Dont wanna hook up a wideband just to watch it for the heck of it (WB's lifespan is only 250 hours) Blech!!!

If you just want to buy an autozone gauge or something (just for a light show..which is kinda ricey).. you could just tap into almost Anything for power
          Again, that would only be for appearance

If you have a specific question about WBs or tuning.. please ask!
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

oh, and the reason you'd wanna hook a WB up to your computer is to log the data of the WB
            You compare the WBs data (which is real AFR) to your MAF or VE table and tune your engine so that your engine is at a safe / economical Air-to-fuel ratio

(Hope I'm not confusing anyone... if so I can explain it a different way)
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I understand what you are talkin about. So if I dont have HP Tuners, is it even worth buying a wideband?
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

sure you could use it to tune your nitrous jets if you are rich or lean when on the bottle, it would help and I am sure later on down the road you will get hp tuners
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I agree travis that sounds like a great idea / solution

Comment

1) hook up the lc1
                    2) go WOT on the street / track
                    3) take that log data to your tuner and get him to change it
                    (it should only take like 1 minute to make the changes on your PE table, then 30 more seconds to write the tune to your car's computer)
                    Done and DONE.

Hopefully he wont charge you too much for making the changes and writing it

Comment

Thanks guys! This helped a lot.
                      sigpic
                      1997 Camaro RS A4
                      2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                        Yes, a wideband is only to be used with a tuner (it shows the real AFR)
                        Unless youre just rich and dont care about buying WB sensors
                        No, you Dont wanna hook up a wideband just to watch it for the heck of it (WB's lifespan is only 250 hours) Blech!!!

If you just want to buy an autozone gauge or something (just for a light show..which is kinda ricey).. you could just tap into almost Anything for power
                        Again, that would only be for appearance

If you have a specific question about WBs or tuning.. please ask!
                        I have had my plx wideband with the gauge in my car for over 2 years with it hooked up to the car when running , no problems with the sensor so far. Over 20,000 miles. (Knock on wood).
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thats good to hear... maybe that 250 hour lifespan is based on v8s
                          or cars that only go WOT

I've had mine permanently hooked up too for like 9 months

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X