HP tuners guestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP tuners guestion?

i have been looking into tuning software for the 3.4L, i know that you can use megasquirt but i was looking at the HP tuners website and saw that impala's and other full size GM cars were equipped with 3.4L's and and HP tuners can be used on these cars, i know that your car has to be equipped with an OBD II system to use the HP tuners, so my question is could you possibly get a 3.4 ECM and wiring harness out of an OBD II equipped car that can use HP tuners and install it on an OBD I equipped 3.4 in tur enabling you to use HP tuners or is this impossible

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Re: HP tuners guestion?

email them or ask on the hptuners.com/forums website
    But I doubt it, would be cool if it would work!
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I believe white95 or someone similar to that name was trying it for their 3.4 turbo project where they were going to try and convert to obdII but then the garage that was hired to do the swap went bankrupt and closed down. Can it be done, I would imagine, will it be cheap and easy, no.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

the ease dosent bother me, the cost would, i mean in theory i think it would involve making sure you have all the correct sensors used on a OBD II motor and the wiring harness, ECM and the ODB II ALDL right there shouldnt be any major differences otherwise that i can think of, just the interchangability of the ECM is the big question to me

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
        89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X