Hypertech Power Programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech Power Programmer

Hi - This is my first post and I need some help. I was looking maybe to purchase a Hypertech Power Programmer for my 2002 Camaro V6. Do these programmmers really help gain more HP, I have already upgraded to a catback & whisper lid.

Re: Hypertech Power Programmer

Dont get one, they arnt worth it. EIther do a mail in tune or HP tuners.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

OK, here it is... I bought one of these when I first bought my car. I thought it would give me some HP gains. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't! For me I really couldn't tell to be honest, so I can't say that it did. But.. I was able to lower my temp the fans turn on at, make a stronger shift, and you can change Speedo problems caused by tire size, and I believe gearing.... I forget about if gearing is in there. Haven't used it for that yet.
      So as far as HP gains, I have played with the octane settings for timing advancement, and haven't noticed anything really between settings. So.. depeding on what you're going to do a mail order is probably going to be a better investment. Or HP tuners, since you can change anything you want without loosing the use of your car for a few days... which is my main issue... My 'maro is my daily driver.
      Maybe someday I will sell my HPP3 and buy HPtuners. But for now I am happy with the settings I am getting from it.

Originally posted by jeffs2002
      Hi - This is my first post and I need some help. I was looking maybe to purchase a Hypertech Power Programmer for my 2002 Camaro V6. Do these programmmers really help gain more HP, I have already upgraded to a catback & whisper lid.
      2000 Camaro 3.8 <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383</a>

Comment

agreed with sean and freak dont get the hypertech no worth the month plus u can spend less with the mail order tune.. if u have ur car as a dd contact pcmforless.com because they send u a core and it cost $225 i believe for everything but once u return ur car u get $75 i believe back. ask them what they can do for u. just make sure they delete all Torque management. i think they also remove top speed limited, adjust for gears, and couple other things. also tell them all the mods u have as well.

Comment

If you can find a used one for a good price go for it. If not don't waste your time.
          <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X