97 3.8 Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 3.8 Tuning

What would you guys recommend for tuning on my 97 Camaro? I want an actual tuner, not a mail-in. I was thinking HP Tuners, but I read the sticky on here about tuning it and said "Huh?!?" I've hear DHP is good too. I wanted something like HP Tuners so that I can also unlock my dad's truck and tune it. What would you guys recommend for a 97 3.8 Camaro with slight mods (intake, exhaust) and a 97 Vortec 5.7 Silverado slightly modded (intake and exhaust)?
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: 97 3.8 Tuning

HpTuners
    Its not like you Need to tune for those mods (intake/exhaust)
    Tuning a v6 and a v8 is completely different though.
    You will want to get a WideBand Sensor for tuning the WOT area.

You just need someone who actually knows how to tune to tell you exactly what to do. Sure there are 2 good writeups (at least) on how to tune a v6.
    But I'll be honest, I think its easier if you have someone to tell you what to do. Makes it quicker at least. I find that I am better at explaining things (when I try) than others!!
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

ya, and I could probably find someone who can help me, but what would you guys suggest. I've heard DHP has more possibilites and all, but HP Tuners is supposed to be abit easier and more convenient or something like that. What about HyperTech? I want something that I can use now, and again later when I get to where I need a tune (hoping N20 in the future, along with gear change). And do I need a WB to use HP Tuners? My dad said if I can find something that'll do his truck and my car, then I can get it, but I think adding a WB sensor will make it too expensive.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Comment

DHP or HP Tuners - you'll want a Wideband sensor for tuning WOT.
        (which you can put off... just tune the idle/cruise and wait till you get more money for a WB)
        I dont know, but I dont think DHP will do his truck (yet)?
        HyperTech is primitive... I would NEVER buy HyperTech brand new (I mean FULL Price!)

If you dont wanna spend time on learning to tune... then used HyperTech
        If you do get n20 in the future, you'll probably want DHP or HPT
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

get hp tuners, one of the best things to have for your car.

Hypertech is garbage, DHP is limited to certain vehicles. I can tune my dad's truck, my mom's envoy, and my bros firebird with my HP tuners.

Plus there are a lot of knowledgeable people with hp tuners and most of all the big guns here use HP tuners over DHP so help is only a question away
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            get hp tuners, one of the best things to have for your car.

Hypertech is garbage, DHP is limited to certain vehicles. I can tune my dad's truck, my mom's envoy, and my bros firebird with my HP tuners.

Plus there are a lot of knowledgeable people with hp tuners and most of all the big guns here use HP tuners over DHP so help is only a question away
            Thank you
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X