tuning for nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuning for nitrous

ok so as soon as i get my kit back on im going to huntsville to get a tune from a fellow member here. he is using hp tuners. he says he has never tuned on nitrous and isnt to sure on what all to look at. so why all should be adjusted. i will be spraying a 100 shot, with a walbro 255 to back it up. any tips would be great. also any other little tweaks i could use just in gerneral. thanks in advance, forrest.

Re: tuning for nitrous

is he going to be using a wideband for air/fuel?

Usually for nitrous you retard the timing a few degrees when running a 100 shot. Do you have any tuning done with your PCM right now for NA? Also is it a wet or dry kit that you have? That will make a difference for fueling stuff
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

no their will be no wide band. i had my computer tuned by pcmforless and they tuned for a 75 shot. will additional timing need to be pulled? and it will be a dry kit.

Comment

you really should use a wideband, theyre safer, and it will get you a little more power at least
        make sure that when you go wot you dont get any Knock Retard!!!
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

well the main thing he is going to want to do then is fix any KR you get when on the bottle. He could either add or take out timing depending on your KR that you are seeing. Each car is different but the main thing is to have little to no knock retard. PCM4less should have took care of the other little things like torque management, speed limiter, fans, etc. then

A wideband reading would be the best though to see if you are running rich or lean on the bottle and then you could adjust your fuel settings to add or take out fuel
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yah, i totally agree
            tell him to download or "read" the car's computer
            so you all can save all the adjustments that pcm4less has made!!
            then start from there
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

sounds good guys......i will see about the wide band thing. are their any other codes besides the ones that deal with no cat that should prolly be deleted now to save having to re do it in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                you really should use a wideband, theyre safer, and it will get you a little more power at least...
                If you want to buy me a wideband then I will happily use it....:banana:

Good info guys. I plan on setting it to run pretty rich at first then slowly lean
                it out. I know narrowband O2's suck, but I'll have to use those in order to get
                a ballpark on the afr.

97rs4life, whats a good commanded afr to shoot for?

And for my car I zeroed out the add vs. tps and the add vs. rpm tables, so
                I'm just using commanded afr for fueling under WOT. Would this work for
                nitrous, or would I need to add some fuel using the add vs. rpm table?

Comment

commanded doesnt mean crap!
                  your commanded could be 14.1 but your REAL AFR could be 18.1
                  or your commanded could be 18.1 but your REAL AFR could be 10.1
                  get it?
                  but if your commanded correctly matches your REAL AFR (which it probably wont) then:

""""N/A and stock you want to be about 13.0:1-13.5:1 for max power and if you add a cam/heads aim for 12.5:1, FI is 11.5:1-11.8:1"""""
                  So I'm guessing 11.5:1 - 11.8:1

Comment

The second part of your post is the only part I needed.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X